vendredi 23 septembre 2011

L'amour



'It's not the pale moon that excites me/ That thrills and delights me, oh no/Yes, it's just the nearness of you'

- Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong, The Nearness of You


My heart is still leaping with joy for my friend's wedding in Hamburg last weekend, and also newly laden with sorrow as my boyfriend left London for his gap half-year in the Far East - but I know under the veil of tears and longing, love will see us through, love will take us home. Like they always say, 'Tis absense, however, that makes the heart grow fonder.

x


9 commentaires:

Stephanie a dit…

Looks like it was a lovely celebration!

Joy a dit…

Aww this is so sweet!

SY a dit…

Beautiful pictures of what must have been a lovely day! Don't worry, the break (and reunion) will arrive sooner than you think so both of you hang in there :)

Style Souk a dit…

Beautifully poignant, this post reminds of the long distance relationship my (now) fiancé and I maintained for two years.

You will miss your boyfriend terribly, that is a sad certainty.

Time passes relatively quickly, however, and you will soon be re-united - much like your friend's wedding, for your own happy ending.

Thinking of you,
Sarah x

http://stylesouk.wordpress.com

Anonyme a dit…

yes you will be home :D you deserve all the BEST things in the world.

Teresa a dit…

Lovely photos! Weddings are wonderful celebrations, and these photos bring back memories of my own!

invasionista

flora bloom a dit…

ah, i love that song. was it for their first dance? so beautiful! and six months will go so quickly...honestly!

Lindsay K a dit…

This is so sweet! I love that song and weddings are always lovely.

Ina a dit…

great pictures!
i love the first p9iicture!!