dimanche 12 juin 2011

Adieu, room


Pictures of my current room; leaving in a week's time!

With the radio on all day through the never-ending drizzle, I stayed at home and packed. Packing is a sentimental journey through the past, the present and the habitual. It is about partitioning life into boxes, categorising, keeping or discarding all the pieces that daily life leaves behind.

I am excited about the new place (a top-floor room scattered with light) but also incredibly nostalgic of my room of one's own, the two years I have spent in this place, my lovely friend whom I shared the flat with.

x

16 commentaires:

Hazelnut Fiend a dit…

Such beautiful pictures, K., and such romance in your prose.

Would you mind letting me know if the beautiful pictures were taken with a film camera?

Jill a dit…

Wonderful photos!
xxx

the second bus home a dit…

the new place seems awesome.
plus, packing is fun. i usually find old treasures long lost in the bedroom.

yanqin a dit…

It sounded like the perfect day for packing. I loved "A room of one's own" even though I could only identify in the most general sense. I've always valued any space of my own and to leave one behind was always a sentimental moment for me.

Antonia a dit…

Hey Ms. Little Lime! I have an idea/petition. You should do a recopilation of you best photos/moments from London, I would love to see them... the ones from Paris were great! (Living viacriously through this blog.)

Chuck a dit…

Eugh, I hate packing. Just so mentally and physically draining. I'm not good at throwing things away... Like your Rene Graua drawing.

Petitebine a dit…

These pics are wonderful! Love your blog :D

x Robine

Anonyme a dit…

What a pretty room! I believe the best thing about moving is finding all the things you once thought it was worth keeping but forgot about them as the days went by.


Camila F.

Hermine - Journal de jours a dit…

Oh, You're right. I also think it's difficult to pack, you always have to leave something behind. But, your memories always will be in your head.

I'm also very curious to see your new place,because it sounds like heaven.

Good luck with packing !

Anonyme a dit…

i love you always baby kat! :D memories are beautiful, and so is the road ahead :D

Cassidy a dit…

Your blog is full of beauty. I'm so happy to have discovered it!

Camille a dit…

I just found your blog, and I'm really drawn to it. I love your pictures, and the way you write. :)

miss sophie a dit…

i love your room photos - the lighting is so evocative, like film stills from a Sofia Coppola film :)

a m o u r e t t e a dit…

beautiful photos! you have a great eye!

Anonyme a dit…

LOve these pictures and congrats on your new place!

Anonyme a dit…

what camera do you use ?