vendredi 1 avril 2011

New York {in Red}



It's not what you look at that matters. It's what you see.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Being in New York feels like the vividest dream. Still busy scanning the photos I took during the 7-day trip, and witnessing the unique images extracted from film is the best souvenir one can ever have and share with others. To me, NYC epitomises the spirit of upheaval - the way it is constantly in flux, always buzzing with uncertainties and energy and stimulating vibe. Every day, you feel that something grand and significant is going to happen, something is going to radically change.

I am trying to organise the photos in colour-coding and will hopefully compile a list of things to do if any of you is wandering in NYC any time soon. Once again I would like to thank my loveliest friend Ruby for letting me stay with her and showing me around town (the cheap, good bites! nom nom.) :)

from top to bottom: Brooklyn Flea//Greenwich Village//Cake shop in Soho//Jewellery at Flea//some little things to bring back - AA nail varnish, Sofia Blanc de Blanc from the Coppola Winery (to be popped on the day when we finish dissertation!) and a gold chain with freshwater pearl made by a Brooklyn lady


1 commentaire:

A.M.D a dit…

I absolutely agree with your idea of NYC. It is the one place I really got the sense that you could end up anywhere and learn anything. Lovely post, lovely images x